Writing Services & Testimonials
KiwiWords offers services to communicate your brand and your message. Available remotely as well as Northland and Auckland.
Here are some testimonials from chuffed customers I was privileged to work with. They’re also on Google My Business and Google Maps.
Mike provides contract writing services to our PR agency. He is always responsive to emails requesting assistance and provides fast turnaround of copy. Shares our sustainability values and is a pleasure to do business with. Highly recommend.
Kiwiwords helped us interview some of our customers to put together some feedback and testimonials for our website. I found KiwiWords a great experience, and I’m looking forward to using their services again. They were very professional and timely. I highly recommend.
Mike worked with us writing a number of blogs for publishing on our website – The articles were well written, well targeted to our international audience and provided in a timely manner.
Mike wrote me an Ebook! Really helped my business! Love his work!
I am a Senior Talent Agent for creative talent management agency, The Pond and we have had Michael on our books as a writer for several years. Mike is a very talented and versatile writer with skills spanning across marketing communications, journalism and advertising. We have booked Mike on many countless freelance opportunities over the past few years and he always does an exceptional job. Our clients enjoy working with Mike and he is a pleasure to have on our books as a creative! I couldn’t recommend him more.
I recently engaged Michael Botur to help me write my 93yr old Father’s memoirs. Michael used his considerable skills, talents and compassion to create a fine collection of an amazing man’s life. Want to record your loved ones history for posterity? I highly recommend and wholeheartedly endorse Micheal (sic) Botur.
I engaged Michael to help me craft a press release for my latest novel The Colonists. Michael invested time and effort interviewing and then producing a fantastic press release for me to send off to a variety of news outlets around the country. I was extremely pleased with the result and the list of contacts that Michael supplied for me. I would recommend Michael for any writing project large or small.
Mike has written a number of articles for us to post as blogs on our website. He provided a very quick turnaround and the research and accuracy of the articles was of a very high standard. Tim Baker, APS Group ,Whangarei.
Mike is a very talented writer who is fantastic to work with. I highly recommend Michael! Anne Lensink
“Mike Botur has been working on a contractual basis for Alliance Media for a number of years on a wide variety of client work covering newsletters, website writing, company profiles and a whole array of other work. Mike is great to work with and is a real ‘point and shoot’ kind of guy who works with enthusiastic passion.” – Andy Mayhew, Director, Alliance Media
“Michael volunteered to help the Hundertwasser Art Centre project with our media releases and we are very grateful for the professional and thorough job he has done for us spreading our messaging.” – Jenny Hill, Prosper Northland Trust
“As the publisher of PropertyPlus magazine, I have worked with Michael well over a year now. Michael contributes articles for our SpeakEasy column, which are published on a weekly basis in a timely and professional manner. His writing is witty and resourceful; he supplies enthusiasm, honesty, and a genuine desire to give our readers information they will find educating, useful and easy to read. Michael is pleasant to work with and very reliable. I can highly recommend him and will keep on working with him.” – Anita King-Lassauw, Dutch Courage Media & Publishing New Zealand
“Michael Botur worked for Northland DHB as a part-time copywriter from August 2016 through to March 2018. During this time Michael provided the following services;
- Assisted in the production of the DHB’s external quarterly newsletter – PreScribe.
- Assisted in the production of Daily Snap-Shot (all staff internal communication)
- Assisted the Communications Manager with written content, editing and proof reading
- Researched and wrote ‘good news’ stories for internal and external distribution.
– – Liz Inch, Communications Manager, Northland District Health Board.”
Rate for KiwiWords communications writing services
The rate for KiwiWords writing services is $79 per hour plus GST as of October 2020.
Ask about a discounted option for an eight hour day of writing ($599 for 8 hours).
Fixed rates for standard writing:
300 word item eg. blog, news announcement – Beginning at one hour of writing – $79 ex GST. Photography charged within same rate.
Urgent turnaround –
$99 per hour for writing you need returned within 24 hours.
For quotes and questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing Services I Can Help With
In the writing world, one of the old maxims is ‘Show – Don’t Tell.’
So: I’d like to show you some examples of how writing services help people in various ways.
- Journalism – for clients like Northland District Health Board – The approach of somebody with a postgraduate journalism qualification is essential in making a piece of writing legally sound, accurate as well as clear. Every media release I write for a client like Northland DHB I put through screens to make the end result easy to understand, legally safe, and accurate in terms of terminology, spellings, and grammar.
- Writing media releases, with photos – for clients like Yes Whangarei!’s campaign for Hundertwasser Arts Centre with Wairau Maori Art Gallery. Clients need a media release to be ready-to-go. Having worked for NZ’s most significant newspaper, the NZ Herald and its NZME subsidiaries, I’m able to polish media releases until they are print ready, making it much easier for a client’s words to come across as acceptable to a news publisher.
- Interviewing – clients like the New Zealand Planning Institute have in the past asked me to create newsworthy interviews. A quality interview can be passed onto news media, published online, added to the interviewee’s portfolio and should be printworthy. NZPI asked me to help create a large number of interviews as its annual planning awards approached in 2015. Then there have been clients such as NZ Media & Entertainment (NZME.), for who I interviewed around 50 Pride of NZ Awards winners in 2014. That content was useful for helping NZME. create print copy, online news stories and printed supplements.
- Blogging – clients such as Alliance Media utilise my blogging skills every month. Blogging drives eyeballs to a website and will separate a successful business from an average business. When I’m asked to blog for your business, I’ll be structuring the words on the page to really optimise your search engine results, plus I’ll be delivering perfect English, nice, concise instructions to readers, and of course funky advertising language to help sales and search results.
Head over to Michael Botur’s projects/portfolio page where you’ll find real examples of great written content provided to clients, as well as notes about how effective writing helps grow an audience.
Mike’s writing qualifications
- Graduate Diploma in Journalism Studies, Massey University 2014
- Cert. of Excellence for Investigative Reporting, Massey University 2013
- Master of Creative Writing AUT University, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts (English major) – University of Otago, 2005
- National Certificate in Adult Literacy & Numeracy Education (Level 5)
- NZQA Certificate in Adult Literacy Tuition (Level 5)
- NZQA Cert. in ESOL Tutoring (level 3)