KiwiWords has become one of the most highly ranked search results in its field.
Yup, anyone searching for communications, content and copywriting in NZ is going to be offered KiwiWords in search results – usually top 10 if we’re talking Northland / Whangarei / north Auckland.
To achieve great SEO, for me, cost very little money – and I can help you achieve the same results for the same minimal spend.
Here are ten down-to-earth tips to help you work towards a Page One Google search ranking.
- Make your domain name say where you are and what you do. Does your domain mention what service your brand offers, and where you are geographically located? That will help Google’s metacrawler match how you describe your self with what your potential customer is typing in the search box.
- Get Google Maps reviews. Since Google is the world’s number one search engine, it makes sense to use all the services which tie in with it. Ensure your business is on Google Maps, benefit from the credibility the reviews give you, and make the most of Google My Buusinesss.
- Plant links to your website in places where they’re going to get clicked on a lot. This is so much more rewarding than using Google Ads. Post regular links on busy publicly-accessible locations as Facebook, or a Business Association directory, or you’re named in a news story. A high SEO ranking will be the wonderful outcome if your website gets clicked on a lot. Speaking of which…
- Get named in the news. Newspapers have the biggest audiences imaginable. Get in the news. This will make you rise in the rankings.
- Have a nice click-through setup on your social media. Make it easy to be clicked on. Don’t tell people they have to go and type in your name all the time.
- Backlinks: have other pages link to your page. Your page will rise in the rankings if there are many other websites pointing toward your page.
- Regularly update your content. I’m talking weekly or monthly updates. Don’t go stale or the metacrawler will treat you as stale.
- Put your keywords in your headings.
- Use blogs. If you have a regularly updated blog on your website, it will achieve a lot of what I have described above. Blogs give you lots of fresh content, lots of opportunities to name your keywords, and lot of opportunities to be backlinked-to by other businesses.
- Give your contact details and services up front. Search engines want to answer users’ questions. So make it easy for the metacrawler to do so. Explicitly say on the front page of your website what services you offer; where you are located; and how to contact you.